Not a single dud:
- Many nice cards
- The new Ocean Colour Scene and Missy Higgins CDs
- One of those super great and almost scarily sharp Yoshikin Global knives — seems to cut through stuff super smoothly… I’ll be sure to keep it out of the way of my fingers
- Michael Farr’s book about Tintin
- All three Matrix movies — must schedule a marathon at some stage
- The last Lord Of The Rings movie (thus completing my set) — ditto, but it’s a daunting prospect
- A very cool scarf
- Robert Cringely‘s book Accidental Empires — I re-watched the TV show recently, so this should be a good read
- Really interesting book called Freakonomics
- 1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die — I’ve got a lot of catching up to do
- A very nice looking bottle of wine
- Groovy t-shirt — like the scarf, from the very cool Village Idiom shop in Yarraville
- Some money, which I’ve put towards a pair of new shoes
- The company of some friends and family accompanied by fine food and drink
Thank you to all who contributed to a great birthday.
6 replies on “The birthday haul”
Daniel, That 1001 movie book you got is a great read, I have a copy of it myself and there are some interesting films included in the list.
Sharp knives? Don’t talk to me about sharp knives.
One of the great myths, right up there with “All bullies are cowards” (yeah, right): “It’s only the blunt knife that’s dangerous.” (Delia Smith says it in her cookery book, for example.) It’s not true, is it? Very, very sharp knives can cut really, really badly.
Freakonomics is a great read also!
Happy Birthday, Daniel – we share the same birthday, and I just turned 25. Which Ocean Colour Scene album is it you’ve got? I didn’t know there was a new one out (couldn’t see it on their website either).
Happy birthday Graeme. OCS’s latest has got the great title of “A Hyperactive Workout for the Flying Squad” — and you’re right, it doesn’t seem to be listed in the discography, though they do have a special page for it here.
Turns out the authors of Freakonomics have a blog here (plus there’s other related info on the site).